CULVER CITY, Calif., Aug. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Considered one of the most innovative, popular and successful TV comedy series of all time and now the most anticipated TV-to-DVD ever, SEINFELD, the show about nothing, finally debuts on DVD November 23 -- newly enhanced in high definition. SEINFELD will be available from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment in two volumes or as a deluxe holiday Gift Set (not to be "re-gifted"), which includes a limited edition script with handwritten notes from Larry David, exclusive "Monk's Diner" salt & pepper shakers and collectible playing cards. Volumes 1 and 2 will be sold individually at the suggested list price of $49.95 each and the gift set at $119.95.
SEINFELD will look and sound better than ever. To provide the best picture and sound quality possible, Castle Rock Entertainment, which produced the show, returned to the original film elements and spent many months digitally remastering every episode in high definition; the original analog audio tracks went through a similar process. SEINFELD: Volume 1 includes all 18 episodes of seasons one and two on four discs and SEINFELD: Volume 2, also on four discs, includes all 22 episodes from season three. Each volume will be loaded with approximately 12 hours of exclusive special features from the creative talents behind the show, including a full-length documentary, extensive creator, cast and production commentaries, bloopers, deleted scenes, exclusive never-before-seen Jerry Seinfeld stand-up comedy footage and trivia pertinent to each season. Both releases feature the original NBC network versions, 1-2 minutes longer than the syndicated versions and not seen since their original broadcast runs. Additionally, Volume 1 features two versions of the original pilot episode.
Gregory M. Paul, President and Chief Operating Officer of Castle Rock, said, "We are thrilled to see the show looking so terrific in this remarkable new DVD release. I'm confident it will satisfy the show's loyal fans as well as bring in a whole new generation of viewers."
Said SEINFELD executive producer Howard West, "This is something George (Shapiro, also a SEINFELD exec producer) and I never could have imagined when the show began. To have this opportunity to go back, restore the elements, revive Jerry's unused stand-up, bring the talent back to chat about the show and then see the original episodes with high-definition images has been a thrill for all of us. I think we've more than met the challenge of DVD and have made every effort to stay true to the essence of Jerry's unique brand of comedy which has become so deeply a part of mainstream American culture."
Benjamin Feingold, President of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment noted, "We're delighted to be working with the Castle Rock team and the SEINFELD creators on this DVD release which we expect to become the #1 TV-to-DVD of all time. We're particularly happy for the fans, who have inundated us with an overwhelming number of letters and e-mails in recent years, indicating this is the title for which they've waited the longest."
Each Volume contains the following extra features, tailored to the episodes included in the particular set.
* Inside Looks: Interviews with the cast and creators about what was happening behind the scenes as the episodes were created and filmed.
* Yada Yada Yada: Audio commentaries from the cast remembering the making of these episodes.
* In the Vault: Saved from the cutting room floor...deleted scenes never seen!
* Not That There's Anything Wrong With That: Never-before-seen-outtakes and bloopers.
* Master of His Domain: See Jerry in exclusive stand-up comedy footage, shot for the show but never used.
* Sponsored by Vandelay Industries: Original NBC promotional ads and trailers.
* Notes About Nothing: Behind-the-scenes scoop and production notes.
Additional features include:
* How It Began: An hour-long look at how Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David first came up with the idea for the show, how it almost didn't get made and how they emerged with the show that changed the face of television forever.
* Tonight Show Footage
* Kramer vs. Kramer: Kenny to Cosmo: If you thought Cosmo Kramer was hilarious, wait until you meet the real Kramer...